Festival de Cannes and Chopard
For two weeks in May, the Festival de Cannes attains the highest levels of glamour, from star studded film premieres to A-list after parties. Since 1998, Chopard has been providing the sizzle as the official partner of The Cannes International Film Festival, not only supplying the beautiful gold and crystal Palme d’Or award, but also sponsoring the talented young actor prize, the Trophee Chopard award. Each year the best film in the official selection gets awarded the top cinema prize, the Palme d’Or, a beautiful crystal and gold trophy designed by Chopard’s Co-President and Artistic Director, Caroline Scheufele. Created using Fairmined gold, the trophy is sourced from facilities that use responsible and ethical mining techniques, which is an important initiative for the famed jewelry and watchmaker.
Appearing each evening on the red carpet steps of the famous promenade de la Croisette, famous actresses have been spotted wearing the Chopard Red Carpet jewelry collection, which features over 69 breathtaking one-of-a-kind pieces this year. Each piece of jewelry represents a year that the Cannes Film Festival has taken place — for 2016, 69 for the 69th year of the festival. The collection features an exquisite diamond necklace designed to resemble a garland of flowers, a 40-carat bright turquoise blue Paraiba tourmaline ring, a pair of peacock earrings made of emeralds, tsavorite, and sapphires, and a heart-stopping diamond and emerald sautoir-style necklace that features a 25-carat Columbian emerald.
- American Actress Julia Roberts appeared in a necklace from the Red Carpet Collection in platinum featuring a 52.76 carat pear-shaped emerald and diamonds, along with a ring in 18 carat white gold featuring a pear-shaped emerald and diamonds and a pair of diamond studs, both from the High Jewelry Collection.
- American Actress Julianne Moore dazzled in a pair of earrings from the L’Heure du Diamant Collection in 18 carat rose gold set with colored sapphires and a ring from the Temptations Collection featuring rubellites and diamonds.
- British Model Kate Moss shined in a pair of earrings in platinum set with diamonds, a diamond bracelet in platinum set with diamonds and a bracelet in platinum set with 103.89 carats of diamonds, all from Chopard’s High Jewelry Collection.
- English actor and producer Colin Firth wore a L.U.C XPS Fair-mined watch in 18 carat rose fair-mined gold with a slate grey dial. His wife, Livia Firth, selected a necklace in 18 carat white gold set with sapphires and diamonds, earrings in 18 carat white gold set with sapphires and diamonds and a ring in 18 carat white gold set with an emerald-cut sapphire and diamonds all from the Red Carpet Collection.
- American Actress and member of the 69th Annual Cannes International Film Festival Jury Kirsten Dunst shined in a pair of earrings in 18 carat white gold featuring diamonds, a bracelet in platinum set with diamonds and a bracelet in 18 carat white gold set with diamonds, all from the Chopard High Jewelry Collection.
- French Actress Juliette Binoche adorned her look with earrings in 18 carat white gold set with diamonds, a bracelet in 18 carat white gold set with diamonds and a bracelet in 18 carat white gold set with sapphires and diamonds, all from the High Jewelry Collection.
- American model Kendall Jenner sparkles in shoulder dusting earrings set with 43 carats of diamonds. In addition, Kendall is wearing a 75 carat necklace as a bracelet and an 11 carat yellow and white diamond ring all from the Chopard High Jewelry Collection.